Would you like to…
Welcome to Embodied Presence Counseling
Hi, I’m Donna Varnau…I offer body-centered psychological and spiritual counseling and workshops to individuals and couples in Edmonds, Washington. In body-centered counseling we spend some time discussing your life situation, but more time listening to the reliable inner guidance resting within your own body.
We are culturally trained to go up to our heads and often outside ourselves to figure things out. Yet what we most yearn for can be found inside us. For example, the tight knot in your belly might be “screaming” that something feels unsafe, even while your head is saying the exact opposite. Your belly knows a lot more than you think. Using the “felt sensing process”, your belly will reveal layer of fresh and new information to you, like the deep source of its fear and the tiny steps you can take to create safety for the scared one. Now you can step out of an old pattern that causes suffering so you can enjoy new options and opportunities.
Your body has the wonderful potential to become a trustworthy wisdom guide. The work of Embodied Presence Counseling reconnects you with the lost art of connecting with your whole body’s global intelligence. The inner landscape of the body is fascinating to explore. The potential of embodied wisdom has no bounds. I hope you’ll contact me if you’re interested in this kind of work!
Call 425.742.3988 or email Donna for a free 20 minute consultation!
Learn new perspectives with Embodied Presence Counseling:
- Intelligence and wisdom are located in the whole body, not just up in the head.
- When you bring your loving Presence to any part of you, it releases its life-giving potential.
- The habit of pausing and felt sensing in the body helps you contact reliable inner guidance.
- Nothing about you is “bad” or needs to be gotten rid of.
- You create suffering for yourself and others when you judge or disown any part of you.
- Your struggles come when you resist or argue with what is actually happening.
- ALL aspects of your personality–even the most ashamed and afraid parts–can contribute to your highest good and to that of all humanity.